|Greetings and thank you for visiting the website of the Clerk of the
Superior Court's Office in Maricopa County, Arizona. As Clerk, it
is my pleasure to welcome citizens throughout our county, state, nation,
and world. I hope that you will enjoy browsing our web pages to learn more
about our Office and its functions. In addition, I hope our website is
a helpful resource of information to you.
Our Office is the official record keeper and fiduciary agent for Superior
Court. Our staff, comprised of more than 650 employees, serves the third
largest county in the nation. We also support more than 157 judges and
The functions of the Clerk of the Court satisfy more than 500 state
statutes and court rules. Among the Office’s responsibilities are
- Provide public access to the records of the Superior Court in Maricopa County;
- Attend each Superior Court session to record the actions of the court;
- Be the first stop in initiating any Superior Court action in civil, criminal, mental
health, probate, tax, family court matters, and juvenile which includes delinquency, dependency, adoption, and severance cases;
- Collect and disburse court-ordered fees, fines, and victim restitution;
- Provide various family support services to the public;
- Receive, distribute, and preserve official court documents;
- Store exhibits for all court cases;
- Issue and record marriage licenses; and
- Process passport applications.
We are committed to quality customer service, innovation, and technological
improvements for more efficient service. We are dedicated to being user-friendly,
fiscally responsible, and have a vision for the future
It is our desire to continually improve in what we do and so we welcome
you to provide us with your feedback about our service and/or on this
website by clicking on the Customer Survey on the homepage.
Thank you again for visiting us.
Michael K. Jeanes
Clerk of the Superior Court,
Maricopa County, Arizona